On occasion, in the early mornings on my way to work, I like to stop at Starbucks and pick up their Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap for breakfast. In case you have never tried one, it is a wheat wrap tortilla filled with egg white, spinach, feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes. I really enjoy the savory flavor and it’s filling too.
This weekend, I thought it would be awesome to make mini frittatas, containing the same delicious ingredients as the Starbucks wrap, and store them in the refrigerator or freezer. During the week, I could easily heat one up in the microwave, wrap it in a wheat tortilla, and have my breakfast to go. Then, I wouldn’t have to take the extra time by stopping into Starbucks.
The results were fabulous! I found that these frittatas were actually more flavorful than the Starbucks wrap. Each bite had a bit of spinach, red pepper, tomato, and feta. They were really delicious and satisfying. I enjoyed them so much on their own that I didn’t even bother wrapping them in a wheat tortilla.
Not only are these Mini Spinach and Feta Frittatas an easy make-ahead breakfast, but they are clean-eating, nutritious, and figure friendly.
Mini Spinach and Feta Frittatas [Clean-Eating]
Prep time; 15 minutes. Cook time; 22 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper (from jar), chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup reduced fat feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat one 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in spinach, sun dried tomatoes, feta, and roasted peppers; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/4-cup egg mixture into each prepared muffin hole.
- Bake until just set, about 18 to 22 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen edges of frittatas with a rubber spatula, sliding spatula underneath frittatas to loosen bottoms and lift frittatas out of pans; serve.
Serving Size 52 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.9g
Saturated Fat 1.3g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 2.4g
Vitamin A 19%•Vitamin C 26%Calcium 4%•Iron 4%
Nutrition Grade B+
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet