Tonight I made Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Sundaes and I’m over the moon with the results. The aroma of hot strawberry pie consumed the house as the strawberries roasted in the oven. My family quickly wanted to know what it was that was cooking.
As I pulled the roasted strawberries out of the oven, everyone wanted to taste one. Yes, the roasted strawberries are amazing on their own, but so much more magical over frozen yogurt.
Next time I have company over for dinner...I’m going to make these sundaes for dessert. The prep and cooking time is only 20 minutes combined. The roasted balsamic strawberries are so simple and fast to make, and very impressive too. So quick in fact, that I had time to post on my blog tonight!
Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Sundae
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, tops removed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- 1-tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-tablespoon balsamic vinegar, use good quality balsamic
- 1-pint low fat frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in microwave.
- In a bowl, add strawberries, brown sugar, vanilla, butter, and vinegar. Toss to coat.
- In a 9x13 inch-baking dish, roast strawberries in the oven for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts [includes frozen yogurt]
Serving Size 204 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.2g
Saturated Fat 1.4g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 20.6g
Dietary Fiber 2.4g
Vitamin A 2%•Vitamin C 194%Calcium 6%•Iron 3%
Nutrition Grade C
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet