One of my most popular posts on Skinnyluscious is the Mini Spinach and Feta Frittatas, so I decided it was time to create another yummy mini frittata.
On weekends, I usually order a mushroom and spinach frittata, topped with goat cheese, at our favorite breakfast place in Malibu. Using those ingredients, I made these delicious mushroom, spinach + goat cheese mini frittatas. Now I can enjoy my favorite breakfast meal all week long.
These easy make-ahead frittatas are nutritious, low-fat, and figure-friendly without sacrificing taste. It will surely keep you satisfied until your next meal.
It's been a busy week and I've been able to capture a lot of what has been happening on Instagram.
A reflection of my busy week has included dinner out with girlfriends, lunch time and sharing macaroons with my daughter, a day on our boat, cooking and taking photos for the blog, a very active weekend with hubby, and even managed to get a cute pic of my dog, Dolce, before my hubby and daughters dyed her pink.
Life is good and I so enjoy looking back at the memories captured. And with that, I leave you with my mini mushroom, spinach + goat cheese frittatas recipe...
Mini Mushroom, Spinach + Goat Cheese Frittatas [Clean-Eating]
Makes 12 individual servings
Prep time; 15 minutes. Cook time; 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced, [using only the white and light green part]
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil on medium, sauté mushroom and leeks for approximately 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook an additional 1-minute. Remove from heat.
- Coat one 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper until blended.
- Add mushroom mixture to the bottom of each muffin hole, measuring one heaping tablespoon each. Evenly spread mixture.
- Transfer egg mixture to a liquid measuring cup and slowly pour over mushroom mixture, filling approximately ¾ full.
- Add ¼ teaspoon dollop into the center of each egg mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until just set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen edges of frittatas with a rubber spatula, sliding spatula underneath frittatas to loosen bottoms and lift frittatas out of pans; serve warm or let cool to room temperature, cover and store in fridge.
Serving Size 70 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 101Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7.3g11%
Saturated Fat 2.7g13%
Total Carbohydrates 1.9g1%
Vitamin A 8%•Vitamin C 2%Calcium 7%•Iron 8%
Nutrition Grade B
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet